HCL - Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14ALC05

Remarks

I love this project and thoroughly enjoy using this OS :slightly_smiling_face:. This laptop is actually working surprisingly well! I was using a Librem 14, but it had a charge/battery issue which I believe to have nothing to do with QubesOS. Anyway, this was a backup machine I had, and I thought that I would submit some data to try to help out / contribute!

The only annoying thing that I can identify is that the error sound is very loud, and I cannot seem to modify it, but I’m also not THAT smart :smile: e.g. hitting the Backspace key in an empty Terminal Emulator window.

Thank you to everyone involved! (More hardware to come soon)

P.S. I am very willing to share the .cpio.gz file, but I would rather share it with the appropriate parties rather than public distribution :+1:

---
layout:
  'hcl'
type:
  'convertible'
hvm:
  'yes'
iommu:
  'yes'
slat:
  'yes'
tpm:
  'unknown'
remap:
  'yes'
brand: |
  LENOVO
model: |
  82HU
bios: |
  GJCN23WW
cpu: |
  AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics
cpu-short: |
  FIXME
chipset: |
  Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Root Complex [1022:1630]
chipset-short: |
  FIXME
gpu: |
  Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Lucienne [1002:164c] (rev c1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
gpu-short: |
  FIXME
network: |
  Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (rev 78)
memory: |
scsi: |

usb: |
versions:

- works:
    'FIXME:yes|no|partial'
  qubes: |
    R4.1
  xen: |
  kernel: |
    5.10.112-1
  remark: |
    FIXME
  credit: |
    FIXAUTHOR
  link: |
    FIXLINK

---

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-82HU-20220707-123206.yml (761 Bytes)

3 Likes

One of the possible ways to get rid of that loud annoying alarm sound is to use an audio vm, which has been discussed extensively in this forum.

1 Like

It was not SO annoying that I did any searching; hopefully the redundant info doesn’t bother anyone :sweat: , and thank you for pointing that out :). I will check that out if I run Qubes on this machine in the future :+1:

Thank you @22kewbz0527 for your HCL report, which is online now.

1 Like