Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HA112R 14"

I’ve noticed the same thing, was expecting a lot better battery time initially. Haven’t had time to investigate this though. If you find any info I would be interested to learn more

1 Like

After an automatic BIOS update (running Windows for some time) Qubes is now much more resource conservative and lasts about 2 hours.

1 Like

Hi, how can i download this .iso? there is no iso file to download, only txt and json files. Should i sign up there?

what iso? qubes 4.1 beta?
it here
https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes-devel@googlegroups.com/msg04914.html

Thank you!!!

no problem, and remember this tip

google search is GOD

note: it actually not so true in this case

My Librem device has fallen apart and as a result am looking for a Qubes compliant replacement. I have had good experience with Asus, and was wondering from a user perspective if it would be recommended? Have read the issues with the touchpad sometimes not working.

Edit: Meant to ask also, does the funny lid LED thing work at all?

I’ve been using it for the past year with Qubes. Now even installed the official 4.1 version and so far I haven’t encountered the touchpad issue (although I usually use an external mouse). Even the problem with having to unplug HDMI on every startup (to avoid the computer hanging) seems to be fixed.

The LED thing has never turned on and I haven’t bothered but as @unique commented there’s the asus-linux / asusctl · GitLab which might make it usable (along with other ROG-specific features).

Overall I would consider this a great Qubes laptop.

Would you consider sending in a new HCL report for R4.1? We could list the above as remarks and link to this thread to help others in choosing a good machine for Qubes OS.

Sure! Here it is: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HA112R 14” official Qubes 4.1 HCL

1 Like

Thanks @Alethia, appreciate the feedback and comments. Will look into this a bit more…shame they don’t do a 64gb model (that I can find).

Does anyone know if Qubes will run stable on the model GA401IV-HA162T? Seems to be the same as the model in the heading, spec wise, except it is white (but unsure if there are other differences).

Qubes isn’t that picky :slight_smile: but yeah you’re never 100% sure. Haven’t tested it.

Hi!
I have GA401QM-K2023T and problems with installation. First four steps done but after Ctrl X it shows “start booting”, black screen and reboot.

I don’t know why, I tried with different USB sticks, balena and rufus… nothing works. The same stick works for example on Lenovo ThinkPad.

What could be the reason?

You can try latest Qubes ISO build with kernel-latest from here, maybe it’ll fix the problem:
https://qubes.notset.fr/iso/

Thank you!!! I ll try

It works!!! I took the latest one, everything s fine, now i have to test

1 Like