Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV-HA112R 14"

let me be more exact in my asking of the second question again. the correct and only kernel files to be installed are

kernel-latest-5.11.4-1.fc32.qubes.src.rpm
kernel-latest-qubes-vm-5.11.4-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64.rpm

or is there more kernel files to be installed? basically i am wanting to confirm the exact names of the kernel files to be installed. thx @alethia for answering my other inquiry about pgp.

one more thing also- what is the .yml file used for?

I used the following kernels only:

• kernel-latest-5.11.4-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64.rpm
  • kernel-latest-qubes-vm-5.11.4-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64.rpm

I didn’t use any yml file, which file are you referring to?

1 Like

this .yml in the bottom of the post at “Attachments” section. im seeing these at the bottom of hcl reports and wanting to know what they are.

It is the actual HCL report, see here: Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) | Qubes OS

1 Like

i apologize to ask this much but i am trying for more certainty- i asked the community about getting a updated 4.1 iso with signature Identifying Latest 4.1 iso & PGP Sigantures Should Be Made Always - #3 by mash and @deeplow and @fepitre has directed me to Index of /qubes/iso/ do you have any understanding if this most recent copy 20210410 will be sufficient for this hardware complexion? in theory from what i have read from them both this is a newer version of the openQA version you have linked in the HCL report. would you consider this a better option to attempt installation with?

No idea. Nothing stops you from trying, though.

The builds from @fepitre are probably more trustworthy: QubesOS 4.1 Signed Weekly Builds

1 Like

good day @altehia i am wondering if there is a method to verify the kernel files? is there any location to download with signatures or digests? everything else is operating with the installation flawlessly. thx for all your hardwork :slight_smile:

Can’t help you out there unfortunately. I haven’t found the signatures/digests myself…

1 Like

@alethia i am not certain but maybe these are the same packages? https://www.kernel.org/ maybe a forum moderator or the great @deeplow would know?

Sorry. I don’t know either.

1 Like

any tactic you are aware of for reducing resource management? after testing R4.1 the power consumption is very high. on a full charge doing simple tasks battery the battery will not survive longer than 45 minutes. any recommendations for reducing power consumption? the hardware should handle qubes with ease but my fans are blowing like a tornado.

Sounds like a good question for a General Discussion. Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with them.

I’ve noticed the same thing, was expecting a lot better battery time initially. Haven’t had time to investigate this though. If you find any info I would be interested to learn more

1 Like

After an automatic BIOS update (running Windows for some time) Qubes is now much more resource conservative and lasts about 2 hours.

1 Like

Hi, how can i download this .iso? there is no iso file to download, only txt and json files. Should i sign up there?

what iso? qubes 4.1 beta?
it here
https://www.mail-archive.com/qubes-devel@googlegroups.com/msg04914.html

Thank you!!!

no problem, and remember this tip

google search is GOD

note: it actually not so true in this case

My Librem device has fallen apart and as a result am looking for a Qubes compliant replacement. I have had good experience with Asus, and was wondering from a user perspective if it would be recommended? Have read the issues with the touchpad sometimes not working.

Edit: Meant to ask also, does the funny lid LED thing work at all?

I’ve been using it for the past year with Qubes. Now even installed the official 4.1 version and so far I haven’t encountered the touchpad issue (although I usually use an external mouse). Even the problem with having to unplug HDMI on every startup (to avoid the computer hanging) seems to be fixed.

The LED thing has never turned on and I haven’t bothered but as @unique commented there’s the asus-linux / asusctl · GitLab which might make it usable (along with other ROG-specific features).

Overall I would consider this a great Qubes laptop.