copy code below
// IMPORTANT: Start your code on the 2nd line
defaultPref(“browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.aboutHome.enabled”, false);
defaultPref(“datareporting.policy.firstRunURL”, “”);
defaultPref(“trailhead.firstrun.branches”, “nofirstrun-privacy”);
defaultPref(“general.warnOnAboutConfig”, false);
defaultPref(“browser.tabs.warnOnClose”, false);
defaultPref(“extensions.pocket.enabled”, false);
defaultPref(“browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.feeds.section.topstories”, false);
defaultPref(“browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.section.highlights.includePocket”, false);
defaultPref(“browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.showSponsored”, false);
defaultPref(“browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.feeds.snippets”, false);
links i used
[qubes-users] customizing Firefox in disp-vms - #5 by Emma_Borhanian
I could have posted this comment there but felt like this deserves its own thread.

Also maybe we should work on porting this userjs as autoconfig file

to use for disposable qubes

Yes, that is a read-only mirror of the mailinglist “qubes-users”. On the forum, there is a similar thread:

autoconfig.js is for system-wide configuration, user.js is the same for user-based configuration. Since you likely only run a single user in your VM, you can use whatever you like. The syntax should be pretty much identical.

And there are tons of user.js config files out there - essentially everyone does whatever s/he likes.

Nope, there is some issue with syntax.they syntaxes are alike but definitely not the same and im not from tech related field so can’t figure it out myself, i need help
There is a difference between autoconfig.js and user.js.
User.js functionality can only be used after creation of a profile and in different qubes it may lead to profile name etc based fingerprinting.
I wish to use autoconfig.js and spin up disposable qubes based on that but when i used the syntax i provided it does not work and give me a config error on starrting firefox.
Does anyone have a working auto config file or can someone pleasse provide me a link to one.
Or correct the syntax i used. Cos this one gave me an error

yea i have read that thread, the solution offered there gives me a config error. so i thought ill ask here. I hope it is okay. I am sorry if u think i created duplicate

No worries, but I would suggest you reply there if the issue arised after you followed the exact steps from there. If it’s a different case, feel free to follow up here or reply as a linked topic.

Assuming you meant /usr/share/firefox-esr/browser/defaults/preferences here, otherwise it wouldn’t even have gone as far as displaying an error.

Btw <"installation directory" *>/browser/defaults/preferences would also work for this file, and is probably more reliable across different distributions.

* see below

No, that file must be saved in the top level of the “installation directory”, which is e.g. /usr/<lib or lib64>/<firefox or firefox-esr>/ or tor-browser_en-US/Browser/

N.b. if someone else wants to copy and paste the file contents from the forum posts, make sure to use straight (not curly) quotation marks.

I don’t really know what you are trying to achieve but just a reconsideration… start with the FlatPak (flathub version of Firefox). In general there are some good conversion tools for a lot of programs out there. Just pissing against the wind.