Fullscreen Multiple Monitors not possible?

Dear All,

In QubesOS R4.0, I have two monitors connected to form a large screen made up by two monitors side by side. I would like to achieve what does work in Debian, for example, that is a fullscreen window covering the entire screen (i. e., both monitors). This is particularly useful in rdp-seccions using freerdp. It can be achieved using:

xfreerdp /multimon

This leads to a freerdp connection across multiple monitors at leaset in Debian GNOME.
In QubesOS R4.0 it does work in principle. A window as wide as the set of monitors does get created. However, the fullscreen feature does not work. As soon as one clicks fullscreen, the window gets confined to one of the monitors. Of course, I did allow fullscreen as described here: Full Screen Mode | Qubes OS And of corse, everything does work well with just one monitor connected. And yes, I do understand the security concept of normally not covering the entire screen but showng the window decorations including the VM color.

Is there a way to overcome that limitation? If “fullscreen” can be made to work across physical monitors in general, xfreerdp /multimon should work as well.

Thank you very much!

Michael Schefczyk

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fullscreen application in multiple monitors possible?