Framework Laptop 12th gen (Alder Lake)

I had the same in the begging that the test sound was working but no sound in the VMs. I don’t know why but sound has stopped working completely since some weeks. In the meanwhile I found a workaround for the sound. In the Audiomixer under configuration, profile I’m able to switch to off and then back to hifi quality m(three to four times) an then sound is working again

Did you configured the deep sleep Option for the kernel to start like hoytech described it? Which HP model do you have?

Hello,
I can’t get the AX210 wifi card to work at all. I did remove the .pnvm.xz(fedora 36) file as others suggested but it didn’t do anything.
Any idea how can I get my wifi card to work? I saw that the OP used phone tethering for an inital internet connection but that didn’t work aswell(I had to set sys-firewal to use sys-usb but no luck).

Just an update from another user of the same device. I was able to remove the graphics glitches/artifacts by adding a minimal device section to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-intel.conf to switching back to the intel xorg driver. I pulled this from the Intel Integrated Graphics Troubleshooting guidance which also has additional suggestions to improve stability.. Like the suggestions in the initial report this fix does not fix the disk encryption lock screen. Just sharing for folks who find this post, but don’t know about the fixes suggested in the troubleshooting guide.

Section "Device"
  Identifier "Intel Graphics"
  Driver "intel"
EndSection

On my framework, it won’t sleep. I used the suggestion, but when I turn it back on, there are no UI updates within VMs

I forgot to report back. It was something I had done when trying to create sys-audio. When I deleted sys-audio (will try again in the future) it solved the issue.

Did you choose a newer kernel?

1 Like

I’m using 6.1

1 Like

I fixed the audio problem by replacing the sof and sof-tplg folders in /lib/firmware/intel (dom0) with the newest sof-firmware from github (GitHub - thesofproject/sof-bin: Firmware and topology binaries)

4 Likes

I forgot to report back. It was something I had done when trying to create sys-audio. When I deleted sys-audio (will try again in the future) it solved the issue.

Still stops randomly though

is your disk screen still glitchy? i fixed mine but idk how

1 Like

Hopefully it will support SR-IOV

1 Like

Would like to note that the official Ethernet expansion card works after attaching the USB device associated with it to sys-net. Did not have to assign any USB controllers to it, just the one device via the notification bar menu.

2 Likes

Qubes-HCL-Framework-Laptop__12th_Gen_Intel_Core_-20230311-080416.yml (745 Bytes)

The one above is for i7-1280P.

2 Likes

Thank you @cristiioan, please post some information about any Qubes features you may have tested, as well as general machine compatibility (video, networking, sleep, etc.). This will allow to complete your report and post it to the list.

2 Likes

I managed to get everything to work except sleep(I have to look more into it). In terms of Graphics I was not able to setup sys-gui-gpu. I have to say I had issues with video and networking on lts(5.15?). So boot with kernel-latest in the new iso’s

Do you wish for me to add anything else?

2 Likes

@cristiioan maybe not related to the hcl but I am interested in getting a frame.work laptop my self. How is the battery life when running Qubes?

Thank you! We’ll list as ‘works:partial’ & ‘remark: no sleep’ … if you get sleep to work, tag me to update the report.

1 Like

Thank you @cristiioan for your HCL report, which is online now!

1 Like

Sorry for responding late.(I have a mess in my inbox).

I was able to get around 2-3hours once, but I didn’t really look into optimizations.