Fast Qubes Confirmed Laptop (Without workarounds) w/ 64 GB+ Ram?

That i7-3840QM is a beast of a chip especially if your thermals can handle it. I am shopping for a new computer that’s what I compare all the newer cpus to.

I have been doing a little research myself with more restrictions. Have you looked at the dell precision 5560 or 5760? Some one checked the dell xps 15 9500 (2020) and found it is working with 4.1. The 5560 (2021) is the business line from dell that share the same chassis is the xps 15 but with slightly different internals. The main difference from the xps is that it has Linux support from dell and is certified to work with RHEL 8.4 which is some what similar to qubes. There might be limited sucess with the x1e or p1 which are direct competition. At least with dell you can get a machine in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months with lenovo.

I know this is an old post, but just to let you know, there is a Qubes-certified laptop now: the NV41 Series.

4 Likes

Dell Latitudes are laptops provided by companies to the employees, without discrete GPUs. Many can be upgraded to 64GB RAM.

I have installed and tested Qubes 4.2 on a variety of them, including with 64G RAM. It runs snappy.

Did you try Dell Latitude 7400?
My have 64 gb, IntelCore i7-8665U*8, and Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (WHL GT2) and my laptop still have issues with Qubes OS, no default software (like Debian or Fedora or Whonix) /no templates

I have not tested that particular model. I have run it in 3 different latitudes, 5X series. I doubt if 7x is any different.

I had to play with bios settings.