Extremely slow performance on Qubes 4.1

In the meantime I reinstalled and selected kernel latest - and that made a HUGE difference. Before I had default kernel and the lag was rekt. But now still no wifi :sob:

1 Like

Did you try In Sys-net>Settings>Devices
-see if there is similar Ethernet controller mane to choose from list on the left.

my issue was, when I was connected to docking station, computer did not recognize my LAN cable was connected.
Fix was to change in sys-net devices to another tat have same name but different number
F.ex
from
02:00 Network controller Realtek
to
05:00 Network controller Realtek
In my case, that did the trick, but I was forced to do it all way back when I leave docking station.

That sounds like so-called “PCIE hotplug”, that has been discussed on github.

Hi, I have the same problem with (Dom0) 4Go / 16Go of Ram and a new hardware with Intel N100. Without VM running it is much faster (especially the mouse) but as soon as I run from the menu (top left) it gets slow and so does the mouse. For example also for youtube I have image by image. No additional software installed.
As I’m a beginner (I come from ManjaroKde so used to the absence of a command line, please be indulgent), does anyone have an idea?

A Celeron N100 is certainly a bit weak to run Qubes OS smoothly. It’s a CPU with a very low power consumption, not really meant to run multiples virtual machines in parallel with software rendering.

But if it’s realllyyyy that bad (because it should still run even not super fast), maybe try a newer kernel, this CPU is very recent and Qubes OS ships conservative kernels by default, this may explain your issue.

Do you know the perfect command line for this?