Error / update of whonix-15

Hello to all.

All updates have been done, except for whonix-ws.
Here is the review:

I read this article where it is specified that you should not use the “Qube manager” to update whonix…

So I tried in command line, going to applications

Template: whonix-gw-15: Xfce Terminal
Template: whonix-ws-15: Xfce Terminal

whonix-gw has been updated but not whonix ws :

I think quite the opposite, in-template updates are deprecated, right?

you probably mean that you have to do an “upgrade” (from 15 to 16) and not a normal daily update?

Qubes 4.0.4 contains Whonix 15!

Hello everyone.

I was not able to completely remove Whonix 15 and replace it with Whonix 16. I followed the instructions here very carefully:

By following this installation document

I did the following test:
sudo cat /srv/formulas/base/virtual-machines-formula/qvm/whonix.jinja
…the terminal displayed me the version 15.

So I am discouraged!

I thought it would be best to completely reinstall the latest version of Qubes (4.0.4) but I see that it still contains Whonix 15.

Is it important that I upgrade from version 15 to version 16?

If so, how should I proceed?

From what I can tell from your other posts, you’ve recently installed Qubes 4.0.

If it’s an empty system (no private data, configuration) simply install the new whonix-16 templates fresh with qubes-dom0-update. Then use the Qubes Template Manager to set sys-whonix and workstation AppVMs to the 16 template instead of the 15 template. If everything works, sudo dnf remove qubes-template-whonix-15-{ws,gw}.

While you’re at it, you might want to do the same for Debian (install qubes-template-debian-11) and Fedora (qubes-template-fedora-33).

As I said above, I started by uninstalling Whonix15…

So I opened the dom0 terminal and executed the following line:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community qubes-template-whonix-gw-16 qubes-template-whonix-ws-16

… as shown in this document :

It doesn’t work and the download restarts each time. As you can see in the screenshots below, this would be an expired certificate problem:

Debian-11 is still in testing, and is not yet a stable release.

I’ll take note of that.

I am a “young beginner” in Linux and Qubes, and I don’t 100% understand the command lines I use on the terminal.

I can’t install Whonix16.

Well… I reinstall Qubes…