Email issue -- Insufficient Trust Level

Hello,

I have tried to open a new thread by sending an email message to user-support at forum.qubes-os.org as described in the forum section itself. Unfortunately, I received the message quoted below. I am a registered member at the forum with the same email address as the one I was sending from.

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“user-support@forum.qubes-os.org”] didn’t work.

Your account does not have the required trust level to post new topics to this email address. If you believe this is an error, contact a staff member.

I could not find how to contact a staff member but I sent to the email address in the TOS and I was advised to ask here. I hope someone can fix my level, so I can post by email.

Your profile now shows that you have been promoted to “Trust Level: basic user” have you tried again?

Get to trust level 1 [Basic] by…

Entering at least 5 topics
    Reading at least 30 posts
    Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

No, I have not as I opened the thread through the website earlier. I will try with the next thread I need.

Is the trust level you mention sufficient?

I don’t know the exact setting used here, but based on the default docs I would think so:

Trust Level 0 – New

By default, all new users start out at trust level 0, meaning trust has yet to be earned. These are visitors who just created an account… New users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and yours.
Users at trust level 0 cannot… (a bunch of things, email is not explicitly mentioned)

Trust Level 1 – Basic

If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.
Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed

I tried again to open a new thread through email. It doesn’t show up. This time I didn’t receive an email informing me about it.

So, even TL1 doesn’t seem to work.

For a reference, here is the description of this feature: Using the Forum Via Email.

For a reference, here is the description of this feature: Using the Forum Via Email.

Thanks. Considering the note about Creating new topic via email:

Note: to use this you need to be at least trust level 2. This means you must have been spending a bit of time on the forum. But if you’re an email-only person and have been relatively active replying, please notify the moderators so we can review your trust level.

it seems the previous suggestion that tl1 was sufficient doesn’t seem to match.

Personally, I am an email person and I use the forum from a very old and slow computer (until I learn to set up everything on my Qubes OS system) on which running JavaScript is a performance nightmare. So, I hope for moderators understanding to fix my trust level :slight_smile:

Let’s call them then: @deeplow we need your help!

1 Like

Looks like this issue has already been solved!

Sorry about the annoying restrictions! Hopefully it’s working well now for you from the email client. Let me know if there are any more issues!

1 Like

@deeplow could you please clarify what you mean by referring to that other thread and how it is related to the current issue?

FWIW, I simply replied by email there. I did not open the thread by email as it was not possible due to the restriction.

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Thanks.

BTW I have just tried again to open a thread via email but the result was the same. I received an email reply saying I don’t have the necessary trust level.

I hope you can fix that.
Thanks.

Ah. I see. Never mind, then. I got the issue confused and thought the challenge was replying via email.

Try now. It should be solved.

1 Like

It works now.
Thank you!

1 Like