Draphio's Journey into the Qubes virtualization

2021 july 2nd.

• Successfully installed Qubes OS in old Thinkstation D30 [E5-2690V2, 128GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and a 32GB USB stick as attached storage]

Encountered: [FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules
[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules. See 'systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service' for details. (being discussed here)

and it seems it’s a rabbit hole no fix yet… well if it works why fix it.

• Installed ubuntu 20.04 as Standalone VM, and realized this OS works better without Standalone VM why am i bother install this OS… but… wait what if i install Proxmox hm…
    I learned enter and exit fullscreen alt+F11 is very handy than alt+space

• Felt really pleased with this OS.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: System shows: [FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules

(made the title more specific about the issue in question)

As the title said before, i think s/he would like to create an journal log or maybe like self blog about qubes, and i’m aware if we permitted to post in this thread :rofl:

Yes, that makes sense.

I’ve reverted the title change and moved the discussion about the “[FAILED]” issue into its own thread, to keep user support stuff in #user-support and general discussion in #general-discussion. @draphios, I have also edited your post to add a link to where that issue is being discussed. I hope you don’t mind.

@draphios Feel free to continue to describe your journey here, in this thread :slight_smile: I would just ask for you to create a different topic in #user-support when you encounter an issue, if that’s OK.

Yes,
anyway every time i encountered an issue i always tried not to ask too many question in the forum since almost everything already there. thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

2021 July 4th.

• Installing proxmox in Qubes Standalone VM correctly, needs a lot workaround which is not easy. (i wonder if my spare time able to keep up with the solution).
  • Moving my 2nd daily driver into Qubes-OS, a lot of update happening since, the team is really doing a great job with Qubes.
  • Ubuntu Standalone VM works fine. I learn that Standalone VM is more resource hungry it’s running smoothly with 6 Thread 16GB RAM.
2 Likes

2021 July 15.

• I plugged qubes into 4K TV monitor, in dom0 and in all domains text become unreadable, i learn that configuring dom0 appearance is simple
    System Tools > Appearance
    however not that simple with domains
    with domain that using fedora one can use this setting in terminal and see which is best
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface scaling-factor 2
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface text-scaling-factor 1.2
    but I’m too lazy for debian template so i’ll use as it is
    i use this way
2 Likes

2021 July 21

• I had missed 1 solution about [Failed] Failed to start Load Kernel Module. after reading FAQ pointed by @unman in this thread this thread i don’t mind the cosmetic error. also thank you to @deeplow for opening support thread. I’m glad the community is so supportive.
3 Likes