Does Huawei E3372h run on Qubes?

Hi guys,
if enter lsusb then:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 12d1:14db Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E353/E3131

But not visible USB modem in sys-net and dom0

Qubes 4.0.4 was installed, but sys-usb not installed by default (it’s not in the QubesManager and inactive option during installation)
I use USB keyboard and mouse.
I determined the USB device through commands “readlink /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb?” + “lspci | grep USB” and for the test tried to add in “Device” sys-net - result 0
Top-right corner - dom0 microphone only

What Can I Do?

have you a ps/2 port? or is it a laptop you are instaling?

1 Like

Yes, I have ps/2 port. Do I need a new keyboard?
It’s not a laptop.

I guess it is a very smart move, because USB keyboard are VERY problematic in the context of qubes. USB mouse is less problematic.

if you can, reinstall with PS/2 keyboard and mouse is ideal, because, that way you can create sys-USB during install and isolate dom0 from USB devices. You even have the chance to create a sys-net with USB, wich is good to install the USB network dongle.
I have never used this setup, as I dislike “mixing” sys-net and sys-usb, but I think it is reasonably tested and documented by other folks.
As you are on a desktop you can later assign one controller to sys-net and remaining controllers to another sys-usb.

1 Like

Qubicrm, thank you very much for the idea, I will definitely test the option and then write

Super, it works
Reinstall with PS / 2 keyboard and USB modem came to life :+1: