Unsure if there’s some other setting I’m not aware about, hence why the forum question rather than a github issue.
Qubes OS release
I have set the screensaver to lock my screen after 2 minutes of inactivity but the display is never actually off: rather, it displays a black background but the backlight is still on.
I have tried setting the screensaver mode to “Blank Screen Only” and checked “Lock Screen After 0 minutes”. I have also tried setting the screensaver mode to “Disable Screen Saver”.
Steps to reproduce
- Open Screensaver settings
- Set mode to “Blank Screen Only”
- Set a “Blank After timer” and select “Lock screen After”
- Wait out the timer or lock the screen manually
- Observe that the backlight is still on, with a black background shown
When the screen locks, the display should turn off completely.
When the screen locks, the display goes blank but the backlight is still on.