Disk is full: nothing working

After copy/move 40 g from personal vm to whonix vm, I got a message that (disk is full), I tried to remove files from whonix vm but not worked, after restarting qubes I found that all the sys VM & qubes manager not working, almost nothing working, using terminal I start to free some disk space by using ( sudo lvremove qubes_domo/vm-…-private-back)
Removed most of the files vm-…-back
Also Removed standalone VM’s root and private files, then restart but still the same problem, all sys VM’s and qubes manager not working, almost nothing working, anybody face that before, plz tell the correct solution to fix it? Thanks in advance

@Hero it sounds like you already worked through the disk troubleshooting steps?

Please post only in one category. I moved this one into support and now see your duplicate (which I will merge).

After copy/move 40 g from personal vm to whonix vm, I got a message that (disk is full), I tried to remove files from whonix vm but not worked, after restarting qubes I found that all the sys VM & qubes manager not working, almost nothing working, using terminal I start to free some disk space by using ( sudo lvremove qubes_domo/vm-…-private-back)
Removed most of the files vm-…-back
Also Removed standalone VM’s root and private files, then restart but still the same problem, all sys VM’s and qubes manager not working, almost nothing working, anybody face that before, plz tell the correct solution to fix it? Thanks in advance

Yeah I started troubles shooting but still the same problem, regarding posts coz I don’t know which category will respond faster, plz tell me the main category which everybody’s see and respond quickly, thx

@Hero:

which category will respond faster, plz tell me the main category which everybody’s see and respond quickly

That is not how categories are meant to be used. When you post a support question to ‘general’ some won’t mind, others will be annoyed because they are only interested in general conversation and do not want to see user support requests (in general or at that moment).

Whereas if you post into the correct category you will have selected the correct audience: that is willing and ready to engage your question.

Unfortunately your issue is not a trivial one, so the vast majority of forum members won’t be able to help you. However, there are plenty of folks around here with deep enough knowledge to give you a hand. But it might take days for them to see your post and there is nothing you can do to speed that up. Just patience.

Personally I do nightly backups, so if I would find myself in a situation such as yours I know it would take me 4-6 hours to reinstall and restore my environment exactly as it was yesterday evening. If you have recent backups and time is of the essence, that might be the most practical solution.

If you don’t or you want to learn how to deal with this situation: help will come. Hopefully soon. Wishing you all the best!

Finally a warning: there are also some forum members who overestimate their abilities, so do not blindly follow instructions. Either make sure you understand them, or make sure you check a bit the other answers and reactions that forum member posted / wait a bit to see what others say about it.

1 Like

The dedicated category to your question (User Support) will respond faster, because it’s off-topic in the other category.

This is not how you delete a VM. Use qvm-remove in dom0 or right click in Qube Manager.

1 Like

See also:

Thanks dear

I found a solution and i got all my data which stored in all VM’s, at least I restore all my data, im gonna install 4.1 rc2, Thanks dear for you help

If you could tell us, which solution you found, perhaps it would help someone with the same problem in the future.

Ok sure

Ok sure, I had a usb with linux live os, I booted with the live os, so I found all the drives which divided by qubes, entered home directory in each one, moved all the stored data in all drives VM’s, done

2 Likes