Compilin

so i was tryna compile qubes os so i can try the newest version or jus use proprietary nvidia driver cuz os wont boot after bootloader normally, so i got a fedora 35 workstation thing nd stuff and i forked the qubes builder repo and then got the builder file from the thing and i get error of

Makefile:223: target 'builder-debian.get-sources' given more than once in the same rule
Makefile:225: target 'builder-debian.get-sources-extra' given more than once in the same rule
Makefile:264: target 'builder-debian-vm' given more than once in the same rule
Makefile:272: target 'builder-debian-dom0' given more than once in the same rule
Makefile:628: target 'builder-debian.grep' given more than once in the same rule
-> Updating sources for builder...
--> Fetching from https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-builder.git master...
--> Verifying tags...
---> No valid signed tag found!
---> One invalid tag: d801c68d274cd751d0d3631b589ee9ff55eab20d
make: *** [Makefile:228: builder.get-sources] Error 1

when tryna compile, i changed the builder config from the default template a bit, i tried to modify it so no sign does work but it didnt do anything smh, like commenting it out, removing the ? mark so its NO_SIGN=1 but it didnt do anything so uhm

Do you have to swear?

(improved the formatting)

Welcome to the Qubes OS community @Aldas!

I removed the swear word from your post. Our CoC clearly outlines that we expect behavior here that is appropriate in a professional setting. Please read it and post accordingly.

Personally I would also recommend to improve your wording and spelling to make it easier for less “hip” people to participate and actually help you.

All good. Hope you’ll get the advice you are looking for.

Alr

Tbh i see most distros aiready got support for rtx 3060 grapghics cards nd stuff including fedora 35 without usin the proprietary drivers so uhm qubes should update that i think

so why first, graphic card is quite useless in qubes since 3d acceleration only in dom0 and you would never playing game in dom0 (if you want to do that, it better to linux instead) (look at profile picture, it seem you play game lot)

Aware but i cant rl do anything bout my graphics card

i think gpu passthrough is the best way for gaming here (and i don’t know how, there plenty of topic about that on the forum)

Have you worked out yet that Fedora 35 uses Python 3.10? That is what caused me a fair amount of headaches when trying it on Fedora 35. Still combing through the code to replace updated functions and modules…

Well when you successfully compile Qubes OS with the proprietary drivers, please share it with us. We would love to see the fruits of your labour! Create a pull request and go for it!