Can't add bookmark in new app menu

The new application menu looks very very nice. However I cannot seem to add items to the bookmarks pane.

In the README here it says:

All (except for those running in a disposable VM that will disappear on shutdown) applications in the main Applications pane and in the System Tools pane have a right-click menu with the option to “Add to favorites”.

I am able to right click applications in the main Applications pane. However I am not able to select them for the Bookmarks menu. When I right click, this opens a checkbox list with just one item, “Add to favorites.” But I cannot seem to click the checkbox before the item disappears. I have tried two techniques. One, I right click and hold, and then highlight the add to bookmarks item, and release. Two, I right click and release (a sort of “tap”), which causes the one-item checkbox menu to remain open, so I can then click it with the left button or left side of the trackpad. But this also does not work.

Any clue how I might make this work, or debugging steps I might take? Thanks for any guidance.

PS To be specific about my hardware, I am on a ~2020 ThinkPad and have used both the track pad and (alternately) the red pointer nubbin with the buttons.

This sounds similar to https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/7068, but that was fixed already… Just to confirm, you can try to do qvm-features <qube> menu-favorites '', where <qube> is the one you add bookmark for. If that helps, then it is indeed the same issue and wants reopen.

1 Like

Just to confirm, you can try to do qvm-features <qube> menu-favorites '' , where <qube> is the one you add bookmark for

This works! Thanks!

If I can help further with debugging, am happy to do so.