Cannot boot after fresh install

I proceeded all the way through the installation only for it to spit out this whenever I pushed reboot at the end.

For blind users / ones who for security reasons don’t render images, here’s a transcript of the last segments of the boot error:

[       OK       ] Reached target Reboot.
[    71.485286   ] [2288]: Failed to unmount /run/install/report: Device or resource busy
[      ....      ] systemd-shutdown[1]: could not detach loopback /dev/loop2: Device or resource busy
[      ....      ] systemd-shutdown[1]: could not detach loopback /dev/loop1: Device or resource busy
[      ....      ] systemd-shutdown[1]: could not detach loopback /dev/loop0: Device or resource busy
[      ....      ] systemd-shutdown[1]: Failed to finalize file systems, loop devices, DM devices, ignoring.
[      ....      ] reboot: Restarting system
[      ....      ] noveau 000:01:00.0: DRM: GPU lockup - switching to software fbcom

@DMBDx maybe just try to power it off forcefully (on the power button) and starting it back up again (making sure you’ve disconnected the USB installer stick).

Thank you for responding, I have tried forcefully shutting it down, formatting and reinstalling, as well as disconnecting the USB. However if I disconnect the USB after this, it boots me straight to my UEFI settings and the others result in the same outcome.

Sad to hear that is the case.

So on the picture it shows when it starts shutting down, but what causes it to shutdown is probably where the interesting stuff it. Can you try to find the message where it decides that it needs to shutdown?

it happen to my laptop from qubes 4.0 to 4.1 stable, and it always like that, after install and reboot, it would just stuck like yours. but i don’t have that drm: gpu lockup thing.

what happen if after success install then reboot, after display like that. try hard reset, then proceed boot like normal, if you have another os installed, make sure qubes is the first order.

Have a simular situation. Install to external USB, which installs without issue. Boots into Qubes no issues. Everything seems to work except SOUND, no sound at all.

MSI B550 A Pro (latest bios)
Ryzen 3600x
32 GB ram (Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition)
RTX 3090 (using qubes default driver)
Samsung 500GB SSD
LG C9 OLED.
Internet via LAN (Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN)

The main gripe is, if i shutdown Qubes OS, when i restart, its as though nothing is installed on the SSD?. I’m aware of Qubes OS requirements, my bios does have the option to switch from TPM ‘‘2.0 to 1.2’’
Still have to try installing to internal SSD, switching to TPM 1.2, legacy mode, Rescue mode.
Still green with Qubes, but i think i’m getting there.
Fun times.