Buying a new laptop that is closest to HCL

I am thinking of picking up a new laptop exclusively for emails and other secure communication over the web. I don’t need a very high end laptop but a decent one for web browsing and using emails and other messaging apps. I went through the HCL and didn’t find any exact match, however these two laptops came very close.

1. Lenovo thinkpad e14 20TAS16300

Link here: Lenovo ThinkPad E14 20TAS16300 Laptop 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4/8GB/256GB SSD/Windows 11 Price in India, Full Specifications (5th Jan 2023) at Gadgets Now

1. Asus vivo book 14 X415EA-EB342WS

Link here: Asus VivoBook 14-X415EA-EB342WS Laptop Intel Core i3-1115G4/8GB/256GB SSD/Windows 11 Price in India, Full Specifications (5th Jan 2023) at Gadgets Now

Will these work with cubesOS with or without TPM ?

Any help regarding the above models or other recommendations for the same region and price (i3, ryzen 3, ryzen 5 category) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1. your self support t430 with heads and coreboot

2. Insurgo or nitropad is good also.

and btw, I received x230 i5, with 128gb ssd and 8gb ram, its smooth and really love it.

@glorius
If you want to buy the ASUS VIVO and/or Lenovo TP E14, then both has the similar compatibility of Qubes, but does not function fully because of low RAM capacity to run at least 5 qubes running for the updates. For the TPM question, Qubes does not need TPM software, but does need the TPM chip for the OS to run with Coreboot. Overall, there’s a ton of problems along the way for the Qubes to run without the TPM chip except the software that TPM provided to run Win11.

I think you can cut the number of qubes running updates by reducing the number of virtual CPUs for the management qube.

Thus, if that’s the ONLY reason you can’t use this processor (or in other words, if the ONLY reason you need that many processors is updating), you can work around it.