Hello Qubes community!
I have scoured (almost) the entire internet for a solution to my problem. However, I found answers either too old for old versions of Qubes (2016-2019), or relatively new (2020-2021), but none of them helped me. Therefore, I decided to open a new topic and ask for help on this forum.
Problem: After booting from a flash drive and selecting any item in the GRUB bootloader, I see a black screen and nothing happens, the installer GUI does not appear. I cannot start the installation.
What I already tried:
• UEFI troubleshooting > Installation from USB stick hangs on black screen
• Installation media black screen · Issue #5165 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub
• nomodeset=0 in GRUB’s linuz line
• Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H Laptop
• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics (supports AMD-V and AMD-Vi)
• GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (Laptop)
• MB: UEFI-Only (no Legacy Boot available)
• Qubes ISO on USB: 8GB, MBR, BIOS or UEFI, FAT32, DD-style formatted and burned.
Version I try to install: Qubes release 4.1.2