- Download the official 4.1 release of Qubes.
- Make sure secure boot is off.
- When booting to install, select the regular install option and press e.
- Add nouveau.modeset=0 at end of row 4 (after quiet), press Ctrl+x.
- Finish installation and boot into OS.
- Optionally create usb qube since this must be done manually but add exception for keyboard at early boot: USB qubes | Qubes OS
The important things work:
- USB (internal & external)
- Fedora 34
- Fingerprint reader
Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-ROG_Zephyrus_G14_GA401IV_GA401IV-20220215-132259.yml (899 Bytes)
Thank you @Alethia for your R4.1 report, which is online now.
Fair warning regarding Qubes 4.1.1:
- The system crashes once every 30-60 minutes. However on certain kernels the crash seems to only affect the Window Manager and certain VMs - so after being logged out you can log in again and restart them. QubesOS freeze, crash and reboots with 5.15 kernel - #18 by Alethia
- You shouldn’t create and use the USB qube, it either restricts you from starting Qubes or the qube itself will simply not start (depending on kernel).
It might be necessary to continue using 4.1 for now and wait for a future version of Qubes.