brand: |
Asus
model: |
Prime X570-Pro
bios: |
cpu: |
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
chipset: |
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) Root Complex [1022:1450]
gpu: |
NVIDIA Corporation GK208B [GeForce GT 710] [10de:128b] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
NVIDIA Corporation GK208B [GeForce GT 710] [10de:128b] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
network: |
Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
memory: |
usb: |

• works:
    Yes, except only one Nvidia GT710 works dual display, can’t make it quad display yet.
    qubes: |
    R4.1
    xen: |
    kernel: |
    5.10.90-1

1 Like

@Sven

Thank you @Gartech for your HCL report, which is online now.

Update to this HCL, I had to remove the NVidia GPU, I also tried with a GTX 750 but had same problems.

I had all kinds of display issues with the NVidia GPU that I was not able to fix as well as GPU hangs that required PC reset.

So I went and got an AMD Ryzen 5600G. Here is the HCL for it. It actually works much better with the AMD iGPU than the NVidia Graphics card.

Only issue that has come up yet, even with trying all settings in power management and screensaver, is the monitor will not standby, it goes blank but stays on.

Everything else works well, I’m running the iGPU dual screen and all graphics are smooth, DOM0 and Qubes.

layout:
‘hcl’
type:
‘desktop’
hvm:
‘yes’
iommu:
‘yes’
slat:
‘yes’
tpm:
‘unknown’ but fTPM is enabled
remap:
‘yes’
brand: |
ASUS
model: |
Prime X570-Pro
bios: |
cpu: |
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics
chipset: |
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Root Complex [1022:1630]
gpu: |
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne [1002:1638] (rev c9) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
network: |
Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)
Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
memory: |
usb: |

• works:
    yes
    qubes: |
    R4.1
    xen: |
    kernel: |
    5.10.112-1

Thank you @Gartech for this update, which I split into two HCL reports: the [original one with a note about the display issues and the new one.

@Sven I would like to further update this report, specifically the one with the 5600G CPU.

The Asus Prime X570-Pro has been doing great for Qubes!

These are issues that do not affect me but I figured I’d document them:

• Suspend does not work.
  • Bootloader shows the Qubes logo but does not update with password entry when using display port, works when using HDMI only. If using both, it default on display port…
  • One of the USB controllers needs PCI Strict Reset since the latest BIOS update.

Issue that affect me but not a deal breaker:

• Wasn’t able to get a PS/2 keyboard + PS/2 mouse to work on the combo port using a splitter cable. Only one at a time, reboot needed to change device.
  • This motherboard as most Asus boards, does not recognize Qubes EFI boot. This command gets the job done to restore the boot option to Qubes installed on my sole NVMe SSD. efibootmgr -c -L Qubes -l /EFI/qubes/grubx64.efi -d /dev/nvme0n1 Just to be clear, if you remove your boot drive and then boot, then put your original Qubes drive back. You must restore the boot option by booting from the Qubes Installer, use the rescue mode, press 3 to get a shell and execute the command. Otherwise the motherboard will bring you to BIOS not knowing what to do with your drive.

Also, I used to have ECC memory with the Ryzen 2600, but went back to UDIMMs as the 5600G does not support ECC.

Happy with this build, I recommend it but I’d love to have a PS/2 mouse.

Cheers!

1 Like