dispos
December 20, 2023, 3:08am
22
# Using apt-cacher-ng as a caching proxy in Qubes.
## Why?
The standard tinyproxy is just a proxy. This ,means that as soon as you start to use more than a few templates you are wasting bandwidth (and time) in repeatedly downloading the same packages.
Using a caching proxy saves on both.
## How?
apt-cacher-ng is a caching proxy with support for Debian based distros out of the box, as well as Arch.
It can be configured to support Fedora, Suse, Gentoo, and \*BSD
### INSTALL
Create a new Debian based template -
`qvm-clone debian-11-minimal template-cacher`
In template-cacher install the software, by running as root:
```
apt-get install qubes-core-agent-networking apt-cacher-ng
systemctl mask apt-cacher-ng
```
Shut down template-cacher.
This file has been truncated. show original
Is this updated or not? I want to follow the manual method, but I see the iptables command at the end already and assume it wouldn’t work on Qubes 4.2.
I don’t know how to convert it to nftables myself.