AMD Thinkpad L14 Gen 3 Ryzen 7 PRO 5875U with Qubes 4.2.0

I got video playback including YouTube working smoothly by switching to Debian and installing pulseaudio-qubes. HDMI audio no longer works after updating Fedora, but it works on Debian.

I’m still having the same issue as Scumbag: pciback ... not ready ___ms after FLR. This delays the startup of the sys-net by about a minute.

I have installed R4.2 on my L14 and also experienced WiFi not working after suspend, which is also fixed by reloading kernel module in sys-net. I did not have this issue in R4.1 so I found that strange. The only other difference I could think of was that I used the default Fedora template in R4.1, but R4.2 uses Fedora-xfce.
When I switch sys-net from fedora-39-xfce to fedora-39, WiFi works again after suspend without needing to reload kernel modules.
So that would make it a template issue instead of a hardware compatibility issue.

2 Likes

Interesting. fedora-39 no longer works for me, with or without my workaround.

However, switching sys-net to debian-12-xfce fixed the issue.

Edit: It is not totally fixed. It seems to work most of the time, but still requires rebooting sys-net occasionally.

2 Likes

@zaz willing to test AEM trenchboot? I am just about to retire my T480 as a testing machine and wanted to get the L14 for my daily.

A week from now, I will have enough time to risk messing with my computer. However, it seems trenchboot is still not working for AMD. See their Github Milestone.

1 Like

Now we have a second good report for R4.2 on the L14, so I hope it can be on the community recommended list:

1 Like