"AMD appears to lack sufficient testing...and may harbor latent bugs" - Trail of Bits SecureDrop Workstation Review

Actually, my “test lab” recently got extended with a laptop based on AMD - specifically HP Probook 445 G7 (with Ryzen 4500U). I haven’t ran full set suite there yet, but initial tests are promising.
In general, yes, some more diversity in test hardware is desired. But at this point we need more automation for this to scale - which I hope will improve thanks to Internews BASICS funding a person to work on this.

3 Likes

I am someone who extensively uses the tools and scripts you wrote (thank you) and share them whenever I have the chance. I also recently linked one of your posts on Fedora repo metadata issues back from the qubes-users days. I get that you care deeply about the project and this drives you to be aggressive in defending it. So hear me out:

I don’t doubt that Intel attempts to attack its rivals using underhanded tactics, and my next CPU will most definitely be an AMD for many other reasons as well, but I believe you might have over-reacted here and read far too deeply into the Qubes part. Sometimes caring too much can be just as damaging as not caring enough. All things in moderation.

4 Likes

I fully agree with @fiftyfourthparallel

Sometimes caring too much can be just as damaging as not caring
enough. All things in moderation.

I know your work and contribution and can clearly tell you are
passionate about this topic. I am shocked to see you so confrontational
and hope you can cool down and work with the team to address your concerns.

1 Like

Just want to highlight this. Thanks for your input icequbes1.