• Keyboard
  • Trackpad
  • Trackpoint
  • Audio

Not tested:

• Touch screen
  • Anti evil maid

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20EQS56J00-20211031-124709.yml (987 Bytes)

Thank you @tech3599 for your HCL report, which is now online.

It looks like it’s out of order with the other items in the HCL. There are two other ThinkPad P50 items further down the list and my submission along with the ThinkPad T560 directly under it aren’t in alphabetical order.

@adw, @tech3599 reports:

It looks like it’s out of order with the other items in the HCL.

I thought the cause was that I accidentally used “ThinkPad-P50” in the file name instead of “ThinkPad_P50”. Same for the T560. But that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Also if I click on the “Model” header the list sorts correctly. Maybe we can make that the default when the page is initially loaded? (I wouldn’t know how to, otherwise I’d make the PR myself).

I’m afraid I don’t know how to do that either. I’m not sure if we have control over the default sorting. If you’d like to file an issue for it, I can add the help wanted on it.

1 Like

@Sven, I would also like to add the P50 to the Community-recommended hardware list. What specifically would still be required to do so? I can think of the TPM for AEM, but is there anything else?

Edit:
Nevermind, I just saw your post in Lenovo ThinkPad P51 - #3 by Sven. I didn’t know that multiple submissions needed to have the same processor in order to be included. I would recommend listing that in the criteria for inclusion, though.

Hi @tech3599:

@Sven, I would also like to add the P50 to the Community-recommended hardware list. What specifically would still be required to do so? I can think of the TPM for AEM, but is there anything else?

Like I just pointed out in my answer to @MrTea, as soon as there are two reports using the same CPU and one of the reporters confirms the “no workarounds” criteria, it can be added.

This is by no means arbitrary: there a plenty of examples in the HCL where one CPU works perfectly fine, while another one necessitates lots of troubleshooting/workarounds with the same model. Also, obviously the CPU needs to support IOMMU.

@tech3599, @adw … it turns out the root cause was indeed the filename, but the page was not automatically refreshed. Today, after committing another unrelated HCL report, the sorting was fixed. I assume only a change in the files contents opposed to the filename triggers the generation of the page. Knowing this now, I can account for it in the future.

1 Like

Hm, the site should automatically rebuild every time there’s a new commit.

Here’s the report from my device. Assume this isn’t much different from the one in the initial post.

Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20EQS12Q35-20211120-161038.yml (981 Bytes)

Thank you @TheGardner for your HCL report, which is now online.

Linking for visibility: two folks have reported freezes on shutdown on some P50 laptops:

1 Like

Not on mine! Only thing here is - it can’t do a proper restart. If I do so - it just shutdown without the restart.
But guess - this is the wrong topic for discussing it.

1 Like