HCL - Asus VivoBook X513EA

Remarks

This notebook has an Elan 1200 touchpad which does not work properly with Qubes OS. The mouse pointer does not move smoothly and there is very frequent cursor jumping. I have attempted to upgrade the LTS kernel (5.10.112-1.fc32.qubes.x86_64) to the latest available version (5.16.18-2.fc32.qubes.x86_64) with no luck. I believe this might be the same issue described in #5486.

As another forum user has previously reported for a similar model, the Suspend feature does not function reliably. During my testing, I have been unable to wake the machine up again after putting it to sleep.

Beyond those minor issues, I have had no other problems. The system works very well.

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-VivoBook_ASUSLaptop_X513EAN_X513EAN-20220625-165805.yml (928 Bytes)

3 Likes

Thank you @rlaneth for your HCL report, which is online now.

2 Likes

Anybody else has installed Qubes?

Thank you @rlaneth, for linking my HCL. I have only experienced the Suspend trouble and indeed the danger that the machine overheats when it is apparently suspended. Other than that I agree that this hardware and Qubes-OS combination works very well and has been very reliable for more than one and a half years. Oh, and my touchpad works fine.