HCL - Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16-inch

Ryzen 9 5900HX -based laptop with integrated AMD graphics + Radeon RTX3050

Remarks

WiFi did not work with the standard Qubes 4.1 (kernel 5.10) due to lack of support for the MT7961 chip, but most everything works like charm with Qubes_20220507-Latest-kernel (kernel 5.15). What still does not work is waking up from the suspended state - the system must be rebooted if it enters hibernation. 

The Lenovo model code is 16ACH6 for this laptop.

Attachments

layout:
‘hcl’
type:
‘notebook’
hvm:
‘yes’
iommu:
‘yes’
slat:
‘yes’
tpm:
‘unknown’
remap:
‘yes’
brand: |
LENOVO
model: |
82L5
bios: |
GSCN29WW
cpu: |
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics
cpu-short: |
FIXME
chipset: |
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Renoir Root Complex [1022:1630]
chipset-short: |
FIXME
gpu: |
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne [1002:1638] (rev c4) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
gpu-short: |
Radeon RTX3050
network: |
MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7961
memory: |
scsi: |

usb: |
versions:

• works:
    yes
    qubes: |
    R4.1
    xen: |
    kernel: |
    5.17.5-1
    remark: |
    WiFi did not work with the standard Qubes 4.1 (kernel 5.10) due to lack of support for the MT7961, but most everything works like charm with Qubes_20220507-Latest-kernel (kernel 5.15). What does not work is waking up from the suspended state - the system must be rebooted. The Lenovo model code is 16ACH6 for this laptop.
    credit: |
    TTEMSK
    link:

1 Like

Thank you @TTEMSK for your HCL report, which is online now. Sorry for the delay in posting.

An additional ‘feature’ noted: screensaver locks the screen after the preset time if I’m eg. in a middle of watching a video. I.e. video playback does not count as an activity whick prevents the screen saver from activating.

Another minor bug is that the back light of the Ideapad keyboard is never on.

Those are minor annoyances anyway. For most part the Qubes-OS works surprisingly well.

It’s OK for Qubes OS. I use a self-made script that checks if sound in pulseaudio of dom0 is going and prevents screensaver from start in this case to allow watching something like movie.